When you start your career at Joe’s Crab Shack, you’ll become part of a winning team of motivated and positive members who pride themselves on providing the perfect Joe’s Crab Shack experience to each and every guest! As a valued team member, you’ll enjoy competitive pay and benefits and outstanding career growth opportunities, all in a fun, friendly environment where you can really shine. What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The Server position is to work as a member of team which takes orders and serves food and beverages to Guests at tables in restaurant. Always aware of Guest satisfaction and delivering the perfect service experience. Ensure high quality of food and beverages to Guests.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Provide the perfect service experience for every Guest.
• Ensure the Guest feels important and welcome in the restaurant.
• Ensure hot food hot and cold food cold.
• Adhere to timing standards for products and services.
• Look for ways to consolidate service and increase table turns.
• Present menu, answer questions and make suggestions regarding food and beverage.
• Serve the Guest in an accommodating manner.
• Must know all food liquor, beer, wine and retail offered.
• Apply positive suggestive sales approach to guide Guests.
• Pre-bus tables; maintain table cleanliness, bus tables.
• Looks for ways to avoid waste and limit costs.
• Assist keeping the restaurant clean and safe.
• Provide responsible service of alcoholic beverages.
• Deliver food and beverages to any table as needed.
• Participate in Celebration.
• Follow daily cleaning calendar tasks.
• Must follow all cash handling policies and procedures.
• Must be of legal age to serve alcoholic beverages. (May vary by state)
• Must have all certifications and licenses as required by local Health Department and Alcoholic Beverage Commission statutes.
• Must have clear written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have the physical abilities to carry out the functions of the job description.
• Must be able to responsibly handle cash transactions.
• Must be able to consolidate and coordinate needs for all tables within their station.
• Must be able to carry food and beverages.
• Must be physically able to dance.
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The team member is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Similar Job Titles / Key Words: Waiter, Waitress, Wait Staff, Restaurant Server, Food Service
Joe’s Crab Shack is an Equal Opportunity employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veterans status, in accordance with 41 C.F.R. 60-1.4(a), 250.5(a), 300.5(a) and 741.5(a).This job description is a summary and not all inclusive of position duties and responsibilities.