When you start your career at Joe’s Crab Shack, you’ll become part of a winning team of motivated and positive members who pride themselves on providing the perfect Joe’s Crab Shack experience to each and every guest! As a valued team member, you’ll enjoy competitive pay and benefits and outstanding career growth opportunities, all in a fun, friendly environment where you can really shine. What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The Greeter position is to work as a member of the team to keep the flow of the restaurant at a steady pace by directing Guests to tables and bar. Welcome Guests as they enter the restaurant, seat them at tables in time designated to them, and help ensure quality of product and service by regulating accurate time restrictions.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Answer all phone calls within 3 rings using the proper phone answering procedures.
• Always greet the Guest as soon as they enter the restaurant with a smile.
• Be cheerful, helpful, and take accurate phone messages for the Manager when necessary.
• Be able to give directions to the restaurant.
• Create a great first and last impression for our Guests.
• Adhere to timing standards for products and services.
• Must know all food and retail products offered.
• Apply positive suggestive sales approach to guide Guests.
• Assist with keeping the restaurant clean and safe.
• Follow daily cleaning calendar.
• Ensure complete Guest satisfaction before they exit and inform a Manager if not.
• Accurately quote wait times.
• Assist servers whenever possible.
• Participate in celebration whenever possible.
• Maintain spotlessly clean menus and promotional materials.
• Follow daily Cleaning Calendar tasks.
• Assists with cleaning tables and parking lot.
• Responsible for assisting Guests in retail area.
• Fold and organize retail area.
• Be able to operate POS terminals.
• Clear written, verbal, and phone communication skills.
• Must have the physical abilities to carry out the functions of the job description.
• Must be able to responsibly handle cash transactions.
• Must be physically able to dance.
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The team member is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Similar Job Titles / Key Words: Greeter, Food Service
Joe’s Crab Shack is an Equal Opportunity employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veterans status, in accordance with 41 C.F.R. 60-1.4(a), 250.5(a), 300.5(a) and 741.5(a).This job description is a summary and not all inclusive of position duties and responsibilities.