When you start your career at Joe’s Crab Shack, you’ll become part of a winning team of motivated and positive members who pride themselves on providing the perfect Joe’s Crab Shack experience to each and every guest! As a valued team member, you’ll enjoy competitive pay and benefits and outstanding career growth opportunities, all in a fun, friendly environment where you can really shine. What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The Bartender position is to work as a member of the team to mix drinks for Guests, directly or through service staff. Hold a high level of professionalism that sets them apart from other casual dining restaurants. Operate a smooth running bar that is clean and organized at all times.
Key Job Responsibilities
• The Joe’s Crab Shack Bartender is always clean, organized and working – just like his/her bar.
• Acknowledge Guests immediately.
• Provide an enjoyable bar experience for every Guest.
• Ensure hot food hot and cold food cold.
• Be visible behind the bar at all times to assist the Guest and service staff.
• Adhere to timing standards for products and service.
• Look for ways to consolidate service and increase table turns.
• Be a showman and concentrate on speed and accuracy.
• Must know all food, liquor, beer, wine and retail offered.
• Apply positive suggestive sales approach to guide Guests.
• Provide responsible service of alcoholic beverages.
• Educate team members on drink recipes.
• Document waste and try to avoid waste.
• Assist in keeping the restaurant clean and safe.
• Follows all recipes and specifications to provide perfect food and perfect beverages.
• Follows daily cleaning calendar tasks.
• Must be of legal age to serve alcoholic beverages.
• Must have all certifications and licenses as required by local Health Department and Alcoholic Beverage Commission statutes.
• Must have physical abilities to carry out the functions of the job descriptions.
• Must be able to responsibly handle cash transactions.
• Must be able to consolidate and coordinate needs for all Guests at the bar top as well as the service well.
• Must be able to carry food and beverages.
• Must be physically able to dance.
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The team member is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Similar Job Titles / Key Words: Barkeeper, Beverage Service, Food Service
Joe’s Crab Shack is an Equal Opportunity employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veterans status, in accordance with 41 C.F.R. 60-1.4(a), 250.5(a), 300.5(a) and 741.5(a).This job description is a summary and not all inclusive of position duties and responsibilities.