When you start your career at Joe’s Crab Shack, you’ll become part of a winning team of motivated and positive members who pride themselves on providing the perfect Joe’s Crab Shack experience to each and every guest! As a valued team member, you’ll enjoy competitive pay and benefits and outstanding career growth opportunities, all in a fun, friendly environment where you can really shine. What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The Line Cook position is to work as a member of the team to prepare, season, and cook food products in restaurants. Also responsible for cleanliness and maintenance of general kitchen areas and specific position area.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Follows plate specifications and recipes to prepare and cook soups, meats, seafood, sauces, vegetables, desserts and other food products.
• Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
• Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as smelling or temping with thermometers.
• Quickly and correctly portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to servers.
• Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and fryers.
• Season and cook food according to recipes or specification.
• Substitute for or assist other cooks during peak business periods.
• Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking.
• Adhere to timing standards for products and services.
• Shows sense of urgency by following timing guidelines.
• Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
• Maintain a clean working space.
• Follows daily cleaning calendar tasks.
• Previous Restaurant experience desired.
• Four Day training program including reading, observation, assisting, testing, hands on and evaluation.
• Passing of final testing and management evaluation prior to assuming job responsibilities.
• Must be able to clearly communicate with service staff and Managers.
• Must be able to read tickets and modifications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The team member is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Similar Job Titles / Key Words: Prep Cook, Cook, Food Preparation
Joe’s Crab Shack is an Equal Opportunity employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veterans status, in accordance with 41 C.F.R. 60-1.4(a), 250.5(a), 300.5(a) and 741.5(a).This job description is a summary and not all inclusive of position duties and responsibilities.